Holthaus Medical was founded in 1924 in Remscheid. As a family company we have been manufacturing in Remscheid and Bischofswerda (Temedia GmbH) surgical dressings for almost 100 years now. Today we employ about 120 people.
It all began in 1930, when company founder Fritz Holthaus switched from ribbon weaving to gauze bandages, thus creating what is still a very important sector in the field of surgical dressings. Our weaving workshops are today backed up by modern needle looms manufacturing elastic bandages.
At the end of the 1960‘s Gerhard Holthaus started extending our spectrum of products, and this facilitated our entry into new market sectors.
Today our main business is the Automotive sector as OEM and in the field of Aftersales and the medical sector with hospitals and pharmacies.